Perth Natural Medical Clinic’s Naturopaths specialising in Weight Management are:
Lesley Oakes ND, FAARM, ABAAHP Diplomate
Lesley is a naturopath and Board Certified anti-ageing practitioner who specialises in weight management which offers an individually-tailored approach to your weight problem and believes that effective weight management can be achieved by correcting imbalances that contribute to weight gain.
Many factors can be influencing your ability to lose weight. Causes of weight gain can include:-
- Allergies/food intolerances
- Hormone imbalances including PMS, PCOS, perimenopause, menopause, andropause
- Thyroid hormone dysfunction
- Insulin Resistance
- Toxicity – poor detoxification
- Inflammation – fluid weight gain
- Stress hormones
- Sleep deprivation
- Yeast infection
- Lack of exercise,water, fibre
Lesley uses advanced pathology testing to identify abnormal function and imbalance and give direction to your treatment including salivary/urinary hormones and fatty acid metabolites.
Thyroflex is a non-invasive thyroid test which measures brachioradialis reflexometry and resting metabolic rate.
The Thyroflex test identifies if your thyroid function is under or overactive or within optimal range.
If you are already taking thyroid medication the Thyroflex helps to ensure you are on the appropriate thyroid hormone replacement dosage with 98.5% accuracy.
The thyroid controls how much weight you put on and whether you get tired or worn out. If your thyroid is not working, neither are you.
See the Thyroflex thyroid test demonstrated and explained on the Dr Phil TV show … click here
Current Thyroid tests used:
- Thyroid blood test: blood testing of the thyroid shows how much hormone we have, not whether they are working. You may have good levels of thyroid hormone but they may not be working well.
- Basal body temperature: requires taking your temperature first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. Temperature must be taken at the same time every day to provide accurate results. The results can be ambiguous.
- Thyroflex test: the Thyroflex test is 98.5% accurate in diagnosing thyroid problems and is FDA certified.
Do You Experience Any Of The Following Symptoms?
- Dry hair & skin?
- Weight gain around the middle?
- Poor memory and concentration?
- Depression and irritability?
- Feeling foggy?
- Aching muscles and joint pain?
- Hair Loss?
- Low libido?
If you answered yes to three or more you may have an under active thyroid gland. Call now on 93289233 to arrange an appointment with Lesley Oakes who specializes in treating thyroid conditions.
Transform Weight Loss into Fat Loss with VLA
Did you know that losing weight on a typical low calorie diet may actually be burning away muscle, not fat? Studies have shown that fat loss on a low calorie diet might only make up just over half of the total weight loss. Muscle loss means you will have fewer mitochondria to burn energy and a lower metabolic rate, making it all too easy for rebound weight gain to occur.
When you book a VLA consultation with Lesley, receive your VLA test for free!
Lesley then customises a treatment plan based on your own individual needs, including the very effective Shake-It Program. The right nutrition is essential for body compositional changes to occur and specialised nutrients can help reduce body fat directly by increasing the metabolic rate.
Your progress will be monitored and results charted over time allowing you to ‘see’ as well as feel your health improvement.
Adv.Dip.(Nat), Adv.Dip.(WHM), B.Sc.(Human Biology), Cert.(Health & Fitness)
WEIGHT LOSS with eMErge Body Transformation 10-week Program
Melissa points out that we are continuously bombarded with information on the health risks associated with carrying excess body weight and given numerous ‘tips’ on how to lose those extra unwanted kilos. Whether we like it or not, there is no quick fix and often there are underlying reasons as to why the body doesn’t want to shift the excess weight.
Melissa is able to assist with the exploration, diagnosis, and correction of any underlying nutritional deficiencies or conditions that may be impacting on your ability to loose undesirable weight – such as blood sugar imbalances, thyroid hormone deficiencies, sex hormone imbalances, high stress levels, chronic inflammation, poor metabolism function. She is also able to work with clients wanting both fast results and more gentle long-term weight control.
Being passionate about weight loss and more importantly ‘FAT-LOSS’ – as it is fat tissue that the body needs to get rid of – Melissa has combined years of study in various modalities (Naturopathy, Personal Training, Nutrition, and Herbal Medicine) to bring together a comprehensive plan to your ‘fat-loss’ journey.
Melissa personally designs her ‘Inside Out Weight Management’ programs to suit your individual requirements. She has had over nine years experience as a personal trainer and nutritional adviser, where she has assisted many clients in achieving the healthy body they desire. All programs incorporate a balanced approach to diet, exercise and lifestyle modifications.
What you can expect from Melissa’s eMErge program:
- Comprehensive analysis of diet, lifestyle and exercise routines.
- Monitoring with the most up-to date Bioelectrical Impedence Analysis.
- Guidance with exercise modifications and the incorporation of exercise into a weekly routine.
- Nutritional supplementation to correct any deficiencies.
- Herbal and/or nutritional supplements to support weight loss.
- Realistic goal setting.
- If chosen, comprehensive testing to identify underlying issues (e.g. hormonal imbalances).
- Continual support and guidance along with the modification of the approach depending on results and your needs.
- The program is designed to suit you! It can either be based on making slow subtle changes or drastic changes – the decision is always yours!
- The 10 week program can be pre-purchased for the discounted price of $594.00. Once purchased ALL your scans and consults will be unlimited and free-of-charge for the 10 weeks.
- This one off payment will be split into multiple receipts to allow for maximum claiming benefits from your private health insurance provider.
- Please note that all the relevant testing and supplementation will be at an additional cost.
Please advise at the time of booking that you are interested in the eMErge program so that we can email out your Starter Pack before your first consult. This will make your first visit much more efficient and allow more time to be dedicated towards setting up the plan to success.
WOMANS HORMONAL WORK-UP
Are you a woman who is confused about her hormones?
Do you have a sense that things aren’t quite right?
Melissa Hohaia and Natalie Pickering are now offering the chance to bring light to your hormones and demystify your puzzling hormonal symptoms.
Included in the Work-up:
- Complete Female Hormone Saliva testing
- Adrenal (Cortisol) Profile Testing – Saliva
- Blood tests done for comprehensive Thyroid Function and Blood Sugar Screening, along with specific nutritionals.
- Temperature Collection Chart
- Questionnaires x 3 for symptom information gathering
- A Consult with either Melissa or Natalie to go through all the results and provide you with treatment options if required.
The Findings of the above results will be presented in a personalised folder with a summary report detailing the areas of imbalance. These will be discussed in your first meeting with either Mel or Nat, where you will be given the option of follow-up consultations to address your health concerns with a personalised treatment plan to regain hormonal harmony. All of this $427.00!
To start your Hormonal Work Up please contact Reception at PNMC today – it will need to be paid for upfront and then the kit will be sent out for you to complete at the ideal times in your menstrual cycle. Once all the results have been received, you will be contacted and your consultation will be booked.
Empower yourself with information and do something about your hormones before they become a major problem. You don’t have to wait for a crisis to occur – you can do something today.