Lesley is a Naturopath and Board Certified Anti-Ageing practitioner with extensive training in maximising healthy ageing and improving vitality.
Vitality, Longevity & Healthy Ageing (VLA) – Put the brakes on the Ageing Process!
This scientifically validated test can provide you with important information about how well your cells are functioning, your overall vitality and wellness and your Biological age (how old you are on the inside)!
This investigation involves the attachment of electrodes to your hands and feet, it measures a bio-impedence current by sending a painless electrical charge between the electrodes.
When you book a VLA consultation with Lesley, receive your VLA test for free!
What Does it Measure?
- Cellular Health Status
- Body Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
- Toxicity and Fluid Retention Level
- Biological Age
- Cellular Vitality
- Metabolic Rate
- Hydration Status
- Daily Kilojoule and Water Requirement
Who Can Benefit?
Anyone who wants to:-
- Lose weight
- Increase muscle tone and fitness
- Improve energy
- Age healthily
- Effectively detoxify their body
By analysing the biological markers, an accurate status of your health can be recorded and your practitioner can target the areas of your health that need attention.
Vitality, Longevity & Healthy Ageing(VLA) naturopathic consultations are covered by most major health funds.
Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) is now available with Melissa!
Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) is a form of body composition assessment that is easily accessible, cheaper, and more portable that other types (like DEXA). It is far more accurate than skin folds and it gives us a lot of useful information about the body’s internal environment.
The BIA scan is completed with the client lying down, and it only takes about five minutes to complete the test. A report is generated with all of the following information:
- Fat Mass
- Skeletal Muscle Mass
- Bone Mineral Content
- Total Water Content
- Balance of water in your body (intracellular versus extracellular fluid)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Fat Mass Index (FMI)
- Fat Free Mass Index (FFMI)
- Cellular Health Indicator
- Calorie Usage Estimate
Preparing for your BIA:
The electrical current passed through your body is so small that it is undetectable. However, if you have a pacemaker or automatic implantable cardiac defibrillator (AICD) you should not have a BIA done with this device. It is also not recommended during pregnancy.
- All metal jewellery should be removed. Although you won’t feel anything, metal removal improves accuracy.
- Avoid exercise or other activities that would make you sweat at least 12 hours before your test. This is important to get accurate body fluid results.
- All sauna use and Bikram yoga should be avoided for 24 hours.
- Avoid caffeine for 4 hours prior to the test and NO alcohol 24 hours prior to the test.
- Ideally drink 2 glasses of water 2 hours before your appointment
- Empty bladder and/or bowels prior to the analysis.
- Your height and weight will be measured. Your height will only be taken the first time, but your weight will be measured each time you come in for a BIA. Since an accurate weight is important, remember to empty out your pockets, remove your shoes and any other heavy clothing.
- You will be asked to remove your right shoe and sock and lie down on a table.
- Two electrodes will be placed on your right hand and two more on your right foot. If you have a lot of hair in these areas, you may feel some discomfort when the pads are removed.
- Once the leads are hooked up to the electrodes, the test only takes a few seconds.
- The BIA data will be input a computer and the results printed for review.
BIA can be completed on its own (10 minute duration) or as a part of the naturopathic consult (30-60 minute duration). Please discuss with reception which option is right for you so that adequate time can be allowed.
The cost for the scan is ONLY $50.00 (Reduced rate if linked with a consult).
Please book your appointment with PNMC reception.