Perth Natural Medical Clinic’s Osteopath specialising in Sports Medicine is:
Kevin Roberts B.Sc. (Ost.)
At Perth Natural Medicine Clinic, we are able to tailor individual nutritional programmes to improve sports performance; whether for an elite athlete, for those competing at club level, or simply just for personal satisfaction.
Natural therapy can create conditions which help an individual maintain and increase energy, stamina and muscle mass, improve recovery rates and reduce recovery times from any sporting injuries. We provide dietary advice on what and when to eat for different sports performance needs (power or endurance) and supplementation is tailored for each individual.
Sports massage and osteopathy is available and also acupuncture to accelerate healing and increase immunity. Treatments are designed to boost the mitochondrial function (these are the structures within body cells that produce energy).
This critical energy support game plan starts some 24 – 48 hours prior to an event and is designed to deliver the following benefits:
- Maximisation of energy storage in the muscles and the liver.
- Enabling the athlete to enter a competition with the smallest possible stomach volume.
- Extending the period of maximum energy for muscles and buffers the effects of muscle fatigue and lactic acid accumulation.
- Reducing the effect of free radicals during and after exercise.
- Enabling the body to remain adequately hydrated.
Let us help you to be the best that you can be!
Sports Medicine consultations are covered by most major health funds.